400 W Mineral King Ave
With more than 300 physicians and 3,600 employees – nearly 1,000 of which are registered nurses – Kaweah Delta Health Care District provides the people living and working in California's bustling Central Valley with access to high-quality health care just minutes from home.
Located in Tulare County, the heart of the state's rural Central Valley, Kaweah Delta is a 581-bed, eight-campus healthcare district established in 1961 and governed by a five-member board of directors.
What Sets Us Apart:
- Offering general, specialty and sub-specialty care in a full-range of medical fields (heart, lung, vascular, spine, childbirth, cancer, etc.)
- The only Magnet hospital serving children and adults in the Central Valley.
- Offering accredited Graduate Medical Education Programs in July 2013.
- The only Level III Trauma Center in Tulare County.
- First to offer robotic surgery in Tulare County for gynecologic and urologic procedures.
- First hospital in California to install Artis Zeego advanced 3D imaging equipment in operating room.
- Home to most advanced endourology suite in the region with GreenLight Laser Therapy providing minimally-invasive relief for enlarged prostates.
- The only comprehensive cardiac and pulmonary rehabilitation program in the South Valley.
- The only accredited amputation specialty program in the Central Valley and the only accredited stroke program in Tulare and Kings counties.
- Well-respected pediatric hospitalist program to nationally-recognized orthopedic and cancer programs.
- Expansive rural health clinic system serving residents countywide.
A listing of Kaweah Delta's Home Care Services including information on fees, service hours, services available, and quality control measures taken in terms of employment. … Read More »
Important information about the Kaweah Delta Kids Center including but not limited to their history, philosophy and mission statement staff and procedures, hours of operation and contact information. … Read More »
A description of the Sequoia Regional Cancer Center as well as an extensive listing of the resources available to patients and their families. … Read More »
Are you new to the community and need a physician? Call 1-877-529-3241 for a physician referral! To find a physician at Kaweah Delta Health Care District, please click here .
The following is a list of frequently asked questions (FAQs). To read the answer to each question, please click on the question.
Where do I register for a test or a procedure to be done at the hospital?
If you are a new mom or need lab testing, radiology, nuclear tests, infusion, cardiology or general medicine testing, go to our Patient Access Department. It is located in the Mineral King Wing of the hospital. To get there, enter the hospital and go west down the main hallway. It is just past the information desk on the right. If you are having a surgery or pulmonary function testing, register at the Ambulatory Surgical Center. This Center is located on the northwest side of the Mineral King Wing. Outpatient procedures and pre procedure testing are done at KATS located at 1633 South Court Street in Visalia. Radiological services are provided at Kaweah Delta Imaging and draw stations are available at Willow Plaza, across from our Mineral King Wing, at Kaweah Delta Exeter Health Clinic.
Why do I get so many bills for my hospital visit?
Depending on the services that were rendered, you may receive separate bills from surgeons, anesthesiologists, ER physicians, or Mineral King Radiology, for interpretation of your radiology services. These are all professional service charges for any provider that provides services while you received care at Kaweah Delta Health Care District.
Is there a directory available with maps and Kaweah Delta services?
Yes, a Directory of Services is available in all the hospitals Main Lobby's, as well as in the Surgery Waiting Rooms. You can also call 559-624-2436 request that a directory be sent to your home.
Where can I find information on specialty diets that are given to patients?
To access this information, call 559-624-2222. You can listen to a brief description of specialty diets. The recordings are in English and Spanish. This information can also be found in the Patient Guides in each Patient Room.
I need to purchase a small gift. Does the hospital offer an A-T-M or Gift Shop?
An ATM machine is located in the Mineral King Wing of the hospital in the hallway west of the patient elevators. Our Courtyard Gift Shop is located in the Mineral King main lobby. It is open from 10AM to 4:30PM, Monday through Friday, 10AM to 4PM on Saturdays, and 1PM to 4PM on Sundays. We have cards, flowers, small gifts, magazines, candy, stuffed animals, and seasonal gifts for every occasion.
Maps and directions